Mailman is software to help manage discussion and newsletter only lists, much like Majordomo or ListServ. Mailman gives each mailing list a unique web page and allows users to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change their account options over the web. Even the list manager can administer his or her list entirely via the web. Mailman has most of the features that people want in a mailing list management system, including built-in archiving, mail-to-news gateways, spam filters, bounce detection, digest delivery, and so on.
We at EMWD run our Mailman servers efficiently. We work with major providers such as AOL and Yahoo! to insure that mail sent from our mailman servers arrives at its destination in a timely manner. Unlike many web hosts that offer shoddy support for their Mailman service, we at EMWD stand behind Mailman and are committed in providing a technically proficient platform for our clients' mailing lists.
- Web based list administration for nearly all tasks, including list configuration, moderation (post approvals), management of user accounts.
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing, and user configuration management.
- Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select digest modes, hide their email addresses from other members, etc.
- A customizable home page for each mailing list.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, etc.
- Configurable (per-list and per-user) delivery mode
- Regular (immediate) delivery MIME digest Plain (RFC 934) digests Integrated bounce detection within an extensible framework.
- Automatic disposition of bouncing addresses (disable, unsubscribe).
- Integrated spam filters.
- Automatic web-based Hypermail-style archiving, with hooks for external archivers such as MHonArc.
- Integrated Usenet gatewaying.
- Integrated auto-replies.Majordomo-style email based commands.
- Multiple list owners and moderators are possible.
- Multi-lingual support: list web pages and email notices can be in any of nearly two dozen supported language, configurable per-site, per-list, and per-user
- "Real name" support for members
- Emergency moderation
EMWD runs the latest version of Mailman on all of our servers.